Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Breaking and/or entering

After the fire drill a couple weeks ago management closed the common room on the 9th floor so that the people who's stuff go wet could let their stuff dry in there and it wouldn't be disturbed. After they took the stuff out, however, they kept the doors locked. This blocked my, and everyone else's I suppose, entry to the two front balconies and the secret entrance to the 11th floor terrace that I knew about.

Feeling particularly randy tonight I decided to see if I could find another way in. The common room area spans floors 9, 10, and 11 to some extent and its entrances are thus; two from the 9th floor elevator lobby, a door in the stairwell on the 10th floor that grants access to the 10th floor entry as well as the stairs to the 11th floor entry, and another door in the stairs on 11 that lead outside to the terrace. This totals six locked doors to compete with, all of which are opened from the other side and are blocked with Latch-Gard technology (scoff).

The two doors in the 9th floor just outside the elevators were dead-bolted. No way was I getting in there until I order my lock picking set. I moved to the 10th floor stair door. After studying it I went back to my apartment to think. Then it hit me. I grabbed a flat-head screwdriver, a shoelace, and my fingernail clippers. Using these tools, in a manner I won't specify here, I managed to open the 10th floor stair door and then the common room door beyond that on 10.

Having regained access to the common room, balconies, and patio I rejammed a few select doors so they wouldn't latch upon close and returned home content in the knowledge that I'm really good at breaking into places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home